What is FireStarter?FireStarter FABLab is designed for custom digital fabrication and contains all of the tools necessary to rapidly conceptualize, digitize, fabricate, and assemble a wide range of physical projects. Our 7000 square foot facility houses the following: Computer Lab space with CAD/CAM software; Conference Area Classroom with presentation equipment; Multi-Function Space that includes CNC machinery, meeting spaces, project assembly spaces; Machine Room including CNC machinery, power tools, and hand tools; Fully functioning woodworking space. Our Capabilities Include: Photopolymer 3D printing; Fused Deposition 3D printing; Laser Cutting and Engraving; Large and Small scale 3 Axis Machining; Vinyl and Film Cutting; 3D Scanning; Circuit Fabrication, Assembly, and Testing.
We offer classes to teach you to use some of the equipment and tools in our shop. Some of our classes include
1) Members / Guests need to follow all safety rules as listed in manuals or as stated by Lab Staff.
2) Members need to follow all equipment procedures and safety rules.
3) Members can bring guests for tours of the facility. Guests are not allowed to help members with projects at the Lab facilities.
4) Members can not produce trade marked or proprietary items at the Lab for sale.
5) All staff have the authority to direct any member / guest to leave the Lab Facility and parking lot area for not following written or verbal instructions by staff. Lab staff will meet after directing a member or guest to leave to decide if the member / guest can return to the lab. A text / email will be sent to the member to inform them of the decision.